Trinity House has powers and responsibilities in connection with the provision, maintenance, alteration, inspection and control of lighthouses, buoys and beacons for England and Wales, the Channel Islands, and at Gibraltar. Trinity House carries out a number of Maritime Charitable activities which are outside of its role as an NDPB.
Trinity House was granted a Royal Charter by Henry VIII in 1514. There are no statutory Ministerial appointments, but the Secretary of State nominates three Non Executive members to sit on the Board. Trinity House (Lighthouse Service) is funded from light dues paid by ship owners using British and Irish Ports. Expenditure information is as per 12/13 Annual Report.
|Chairs Remuneration (p.a. unless otherwise stated)|
|Chief Executive / Secretary Remuneration||135,000-140,000|
|Register of Interests||Yes|
|Last Annual Report||2012-13|